YOUR PATH TO WELLNESS BEGINS HERE!
Thai Yoga Bodywork is METTA in Action!
METTA - Loving Kindness
2,500 years ago a dynamic bodywork therapy based upon yoga and Ayurveda practices, appeared in the temples of Thailand. This therapeutic art was directly rooted in the Indian healing traditions of Ayurvedic medicine. The father founder of Thai Yoga Bodywork, Jivaka Kumarbhaccha was a renowned doctor and yogi, he treated the Buddha, among others. After the Buddha’s death, the earliest Buddhist monks travelled to Southeast Asia and were accompanied by Ayurvedic doctors. These doctors practiced a healing art, that would later evolve into traditional Thai Massage.
In this unique healing system of Thai Yoga Bodywork, also called Nuad Boran, the practitioner guides the client through a series of yoga postures, while palming and thumbing along the body’s energy (‘Sen’) lines and ('Marma, Acupoints, Tight Trigger Points')pressure points.
Thai Bodywork is one of the best therapeutic massage/bodywork treatments available for chronic pain and sports injuries. It is also an amazing treatment if you're experiencing lower back pain, sciatica, hip pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, jaw pain, arthritis, limited mobility or chronic pain. It is an outstanding way to help promote total relaxation and stress reduction.Together these actions result in a comprehensive full body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the body energetically.
Thai Yoga Bodywork is performed on a mat on the floor; both client and practitioner are dressed in comfortable clothing allowing ease of movement and flexibility.
[ Table & Chair Thai Yoga Bodywork Sessions Available Upon Request. ]
- BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT -
- We suggest that you arrive 10 minutes before your appointed time.
- Wear or bring loose, comfortable clothing and fresh socks.
- We recommend that you do not eat a heavy meal within two hours of your appointment time.
- Sessions that begin late owing to the late arrival of the guest will end at their scheduled time and are at full price.
- Please be present. Do not come for treatment if you are experiencing a fever or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Cancellation policy: If cancellation is necessary please give 24 hours notice or you will be charged for the appointment. A credit card is required at the time of booking services.
Gratuities are welcome preferably in cash.